The 2019 Global Innovation Design Competition of Medical Robotics is a global competition for medical robots' appearance and function design, sponsored by Institute of Medical Robotics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University and School of Design, Shanghai Jiao Tong University. This is a robotic competition in the field of medical robotics with innovation and design. It aims to discover medical robots with innovative ideas and excellent performance in the appearance, functional design and practicality, and to provide opportunities for further development and industrial transformation for selected outstanding projects. At the same time, it also provides a platform and opportunity for the global and national medical robot R&D teams to fully communicate and improve together. For the winners, the competition organizer provides 50,000-500,000 RMB project funding. The competition will invite global top experts from relevant fields as guests and judges. After the competition, participants can also participate in the international academic forum organized by Institute of Medical Robotics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University to communicate with the global academic elites.
II. The organizations
Organizers：Institute of Medical Robotics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University; School of Design, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Supporting Organizations: Robotics Competition Committee, Chinese Association of Automation; Science and Technology Commission, Minhang DistrictStrategic Partner: Shanghai South Binjiang Investment and Development co. LTD
III. Scope of robotics and participants
Scope of robotics: surgical robotics, rehabilitation robotics, auxiliary robotics, service robotics and other medical robotics
Participants: students, teachers and researchers from universities, institutions and businesses around the world can sign up.
IV. Competition schedule
1. Online Registration: You can register for the official website of the Competition during May 1st to May 30th, 2019.
3. Preliminary Contest: The committee will announce the list of finalists in the official website of the competition during June 30th to July 5th, 2019.
4. Summer Camp: The committee will hold a summer camp in Shanghai Jiao Tong University to guide the final teams in exterior design from July 10 to July 17, 2019. The details will be announced through the official website of the competition.5. Final Contest: The final will be held in Shanghai in the middle of December, 2019. The finalists will give their oral presentations and present their works. The awarding ceremony of the winning teams will be held during the academic forum after the competition.
V. Evaluation criteria
Novelty (35%): Innovative ideas in terms of design and functionality of medical robotics
Design (35%): Appearance and functionality design of medical robotics
Integrity (20%): Completeness as a whole integrated work
Clarity of presentation (10%): Document format specification, clear description and communication
Gold Award: Medal + Certificate + Project Funding 500,000 RMB
Silver Award: Medal + Certificate + Project Funding 300,000 RMB
Bronze Award: Medal + Certificate + Project Funding 100,000 RMB
Single award: single award (5 items in total, each prize is 50,000 RMB)
- Best Design Award
- Best Design Idea Award
- Best Production Award
- Best Popularity Award
- Best Presentation Award
Each entry of the finals, providing 30,000 RMB invoice reimbursement quota for improving production quality
VII. Other instructions
1. There is no charge with this competition. It will accordingly provide free accommodation for finalists and reimbursement for transportation expenses to Shanghai.
2. Competition judging committee has the final right of interpretation and decision on all matters not mentioned in the rules and disputed matters.
3. The rules, place and related matters of the competition will be announced on the competition website and WeChat at the proper time. Please pay attention to it.